- Women and Children First launches Cherish Another Mother campaign to stop mothers dying
- 20/02/2014 : New programme in Uganda funded by Big Lottery Fund
- 28//01/2014 : MPs vote on development bill to tackle gender inequality
- 24/01/2014 : Universal Health Coverage an essential means of achieving post 2015 health goals
- 21/01/2014 : Large returns from small investments in women's and children's health
- 03/01/2014 : In 2014, it's unacceptable for girls in Malawi to be unable to go to school
About Women & Children First UK
Women and Children First (UK) is a UK based international development agency set up in 2000 to address the unacceptably high levels of maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity in poor communities in the developing world.
Since then we have established country programmes in partnership with local and national agencies and governments in Bangladesh, India, Malawi and Nepal.
We work to develop and share best healthcare practices to improve maternal and newborn health in poor communities. Our particular focus is on pregnancy and the first 28 days of life.
Our Vision is an equitable world where all women understand and exercise their right to health, and they and their newborns enjoy optimal wellbeing.
Our Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of women, girls and children in poor and marginalised communities with an emphasis on pregnant women and the first 28 days of the newborn’s life.
Women and Children First works in partnership with NGOs, governments and academic institutions to promote innovative, low cost solutions designed to reduce maternal and newborn mortality and increase wellbeing for women, girls and newborns. We develop and share best practice through extensive monitoring and evaluation of our work and disseminating lessons learned to health officials, policymakers, parliamentarians, other practitioners and advocates to ensure research findings are applied to policy and practice.
In partnership, we improve the health of mothers and their newborns by:
- Community mobilisation
- Health system strengthening
- Capacity building
- Policy, advocacy and dissemination of lessons learnt
This Mother's Day - please help us cherish another mother
Last year, with your help, we saved 5,000 mothers and their babies.
Please help us do the same again this year by joining our Cherish Another Mother campaign.
Make a donation in the name of the mother in your life who you cherish and send her one of our Mother's Day cards to share what you've done. Read more.