- Women and Children First launches Cherish Another Mother campaign to stop mothers dying
- 20/02/2014 : New programme in Uganda funded by Big Lottery Fund
- 28//01/2014 : MPs vote on development bill to tackle gender inequality
- 24/01/2014 : Universal Health Coverage an essential means of achieving post 2015 health goals
- 21/01/2014 : Large returns from small investments in women's and children's health
- 03/01/2014 : In 2014, it's unacceptable for girls in Malawi to be unable to go to school
Vision, Mission & Values
Women and Children First’s Vision is an equitable world where all women and children have good health.
Women and Children First’s Mission is to improve maternal, new-born and child health in poor and marginalised communities in developing countries.
This contribution to sustainable development is achieved by working with partners to raise awareness of maternal, newborn and child health issues. We mobilise communities, healthcare providers, funders and influencers to find solutions which empower women to exercise their health rights.
Women and Children First’s Values are:
- Southern partner-led approach
- Evidence-based programmes
- Rights-based approach
- Equity in partnerships
- Equitable access to health information and services
- Transparency and accountability
- Value for money
- Ethical funding
This Mother's Day - please help us cherish another mother
Last year, with your help, we saved 5,000 mothers and their babies.
Please help us do the same again this year by joining our Cherish Another Mother campaign.
Make a donation in the name of the mother in your life who you cherish and send her one of our Mother's Day cards to share what you've done. Read more.