- 12/11/2013 : Teenage pregnancies and contraception access under spotlight at global summit
- 06/11/2013 : More than 7 Million Girls in Poor Countries Give Birth Before 18 Each Year, Finds New UNFPA Report
- 23/10/2013 : New service uses mobile phones to reduce maternal mortality
- 15/10/2013 : India seeks to regulate its booming 'rent-a-womb' industry
- 14/10/13 : Major Announcements Boost the Last Stretch of the Health Millennium Development Goals
- 10/10/2013 : UN: Global Child Deaths Down By Almost Half Since 1990
Vision, Mission & Values
Women and Children First’s Vision is an equitable world where all women and children have good health.
Women and Children First’s Mission is to improve maternal, new-born and child health in poor and marginalised communities in developing countries.
This contribution to sustainable development is achieved by working with partners to raise awareness of maternal, newborn and child health issues. We mobilise communities, healthcare providers, funders and influencers to find solutions which empower women to exercise their health rights.
Women and Children First’s Values are:
- Southern partner-led approach
- Evidence-based programmes
- Rights-based approach
- Equity in partnerships
- Equitable access to health information and services
- Transparency and accountability
- Value for money
- Ethical funding
BBC Radio 4 Appeal – Sunday 8th DecemberKathy Lette, bestselling author, writer, social commentator and Patron of Women and Children First, presents our BBC Radio 4 Christmas Appeal.
The Appeal will was broadcast on Radio 4 at 07.55 & 21.26 on Sunday 8 December 2013, repeated Thursday 12 December at 15.27. Please listen to the Radio 4 appeal or donate direct to us.