- They did it.
- International Women’s Day 2014 – Inspiring Change
- A visit to Malawi provides a stark reminder of why our work is needed
- Our Radio 4 Appeal update – a big thank you
- Each year 1 million babies die on their first day of life according to a new report by Save the Children. Ros Davies presents Women and Children First’s response to the report’s findings.
- Jo Dawson tells us why she is running the 2014 London marathon for Women and Children First – would you like to join her?
On September 28th, the United Nations Human Rights Council adopted a resolution reaffirming the importance of addressing maternal mortality and morbidity, and calling for direct action to save mothers’ lives. The resolution calls for the development of practical guidance, through an expert workshop, to assist States, the United Nations system and all stakeholders in applying human-rights based frameworks to programmes and policies aimed at preventing maternal death and disability.
This expert workshop will be open to government bodies, regional organisations, relevant UN agencies and civil society organisations, and will incorporate recommendations from the report developed by the Commission on Information and Accountability for Women’s and Children’s Health.
All language editions of the resolutions are available here (the letters on the right under “Documents” refer to the different languages)
Read more about this article.
This Mother's Day - please help us cherish another mother
Last year, with your help, we saved 5,000 mothers and their babies.
Please help us do the same again this year by joining our Cherish Another Mother campaign.
Make a donation in the name of the mother in your life who you cherish and send her one of our Mother's Day cards to share what you've done. Read more.