Across the world 1,000 women a day still die in childbirth. Over 3.5 million babies a year do not survive their first month of life and 6.9 million children under five die annually. The majority of these lives can be saved.
- Link to our site: put a link from your website to ours - if you'd like a copy of our logo please contact us and we'll be happy to provide it.To add a link to us simply copy the code below onto your website or blog:
<a href="http:/www.womenandchildrenfirst.org,uk" target="_blank">Women & Children First – Saving the Lives of Mothers & Babies</a>;
- Link to our blog: our blog is full of news and reports from the countries we work in, thoughts on Advocay and development, and news of some amazing people doing incredible stuff to raise money and awareness of our work;
- Mention us in your blog: 98% of maternal deaths occur in developing countries. You'd be amazed how few people know about this - tell them;
- Follow us on twitter and re-tweet our tweets - spread the word;
- Like us on facebook and comment on our posts;
- Do a challenge event or organise your own event. You'd be amazed how much this spreads the word of our work;
- Check out and share our photos on flickr, watch and share our films on You Tube that explain our work.
BBC Radio 4 Appeal – Sunday 8th DecemberKathy Lette, bestselling author, writer, social commentator and Patron of Women and Children First, presents our BBC Radio 4 Christmas Appeal.
The Appeal will was broadcast on Radio 4 at 07.55 & 21.26 on Sunday 8 December 2013, repeated Thursday 12 December at 15.27. Please listen to the Radio 4 appeal or donate direct to us.