Website Terms & Conditions
Use of this site is provided by Women and Children First UK subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- Women and Children First UK reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Women and Children First UK are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Women and Children First UK be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence except in the case of personal injury or death caused by Women and Children First UK.
- Women and Children First UK does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions:
- Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Women and Children First UK. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by Women and Children First UK to use any item displayed.
- Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Women and Children First UK). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
Last updated 19 July 2012
Over a quarter of a million women and three million newborn babies die each year in pregnancy and childbirth or soon afterwards, the majority of them in Africa and South Asia. For every woman who dies at least twenty more suffer complications which leave them with lifelong disability and pain.
Our unique programmes are saving the lives of mothers and babies every day. We need you to help us to equip women with their most vital survival tool: knowledge.