Save lives of mums and babies around the world by volunteering to fundraise for Women and Children First!
Women and Children First would like dynamic and passionate volunteers to fundraise as bucket collectors (and potentially other roles) across Central London. This opportunity will mostly consist of taking part in bucket collections in Central London tube stations, but may also entail other duties, such as being part of cheer stations for marathon runners.
In volunteering for Women and Children First, you are guaranteed:
• Lots of training and support, from our dedicated fundraising team (including an induction morning on the 26th February 2019)
• Worthwhile experience working as part of a dynamic team, in fast-paced settings
• A reference on your performance, for future opportunities
• A free t-shirt
• A Basic DBS check - paid for by us - which you may be able to use in the future
• Reasonable travel and food expenses covered
Key fundraising and transferable skills, such as:
o Team work
o Conveying important information about the charity to a public audience
o Organisational and coordination skills
Collecting donations in London Underground stations, will entail:
• Taking part in 1-2 bucket collections a month. (We expect a minimum of 3 shifts completed in a 6 month period) you will be working day-time hours, and will receive plenty of breaks, guidance and support
• Taking donations of either change, notes or card payments, via your smart phone
• Talking to the public about the work of the charity
Our ideal candidate will be:
• Passionate about fundraising, or about women’s and children’s health
• Trustworthy and responsible, with a clean criminal record
• Free to work day-time hours, during the week
Please email your CV and a short covering letter, explaining why you are interested the role, and your availability in the coming months; to Melanie Smith; email@example.com.