Fundraising for Women and Children First in your local community is easy. It's a great way to help save and improve the lives of mothers and babies in poor communities in developing countries and it can also be great fun. Below are a few ideas:
- Quiz night
- Coffee morning
- Cake stall at work/school/community group
- Raffle off your air miles
- Sponsored toddle
- Skills auction
- Save your coppers/collect your £2 coins
- Collect donations at a concert, sporting event or congregation
If you are collecting sponsors, use Virgin Money Giving to set up an online page - it's brilliant. And if you want to increase your fundraising by 25%, ask your supporters to Gift Aid their contributions. Download a Gift Aid Form.
Got a success story? Why not write something to be included in our blog? Contact us.
Keep it Safe
- Get sponsored by people you know and trust.
- Make sure that children are supervised and that they don't collect money from strangers.
- Make sure the venue is safe and think about managing crowds.
- You may need take out insurance on the event. This is quite simple to do - if you have any questions on how to go about this please get in touch with full details of your event and we'll be happy to advise you.
- Do not collect money on the streets without a licence from your local authority or the police.
- If you are holding an event on private property remember to ask permission from the owner.
- If you are holding a raffle check the rules with your local authority or the Gambling Commission first
- Please do not make house to house collections. These are illegal without the permission of your local authority.
- If you are a business please contact us if you would like to sell goods, services or run a promotion on our behalf.
Publicising your event
- Let us know when you have finalised the details and we'll publicise your event on our website and through our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Advertise your event using posters and leaflets.
- Talk to local radio stations and newspapers – they love to hear about local initiatives and share the news.
After the event
If you receive cash or cheques made payable to yourself please bank them and write a cheque to 'Women and Children First UK' and send it to:
Women and Children First UK
Please include any sponsorship and Gift AId forms and send us your name, address, telephone number and email address.
Remember to thank everyone involved - you may also want to send some photos to your local radio station or newspaper.