Be a life-saver; Be a Volunteer Fundraiser
We’re looking for outgoing, energetic volunteers to fundraise for
Women and Children First, enabling us to save more lives in 2019.
This role will mostly see you volunteering as a bucket collector on London Underground stations across Central London, you may have the opportunity to support our Half Marathon runners at cheer stations and elsewhere!
In volunteering for Women and Children First, you are guaranteed:
• Lots of training and support, from our dedicated fundraising team
• Worthwhile experience working as part of a dynamic team, in fast-paced settings
• A reference on your performance, for future opportunities
• A free t-shirt
• A Basic DBS check - paid for by us - which you may be able to use in the future
• Reasonable travel and food expenses covered
Key fundraising and transferable skills, such as:
o Team work
o Conveying important information about the charity to a public audience
o Organisational and coordination skills
Collecting donations in London Underground stations, will entail:
• Taking part in 1-2 bucket collections a month. (We expect a minimum of 3 shifts completed in a 6 month period) you will be working day-time hours, and will receive plenty of breaks, guidance and support
• Taking donations of either change, notes or card payments, via your smart phone
• Talking to the public about the work of the charity
Our ideal candidate will be:
• Passionate about fundraising, or about women’s and children’s health
• Trustworthy and responsible, with a clean criminal record
• Free to work day-time hours, during the week
Please email your CV and a short covering letter, explaining why you are interested the role, and your availability in the coming months; to Melanie Smith; firstname.lastname@example.org.